Google Search

Friday, October 23, 2009

Misbah shines after Selectors droped him

Former vice-captain Misbah-ul-Haq after being axed from the national squad played a brilliant innings of 248 runs for Sui Northern Gas against Lahore Shamlimar in the Quaid-e-Azam Trophy at LCCA Ground.





Misbah said that with fitness and scoring runs he would dispel the impression that his increasing age is a bearer in the way of his career. "I don't think age is any bar from performing well. Look at Sanath Jayasuriya – who is still fluent with the bat despite his age[40] and I'm also very fit and will keep on doing my best. As long as one is fit one can play at any age," Misbah said while talking to reporters.

He said that he has already gone through jolts of axing from the team but he would make his comeback by showing better form. "I was not expecting that they[selectoers] will be ignoring me from all teams[ODI, T20I, Test]. I am really disappointed. I don't know why they have not considered me for any team because just today I have scored 284 runs in the Quaid-e-Azam Trophy and I'm in good form," he added.

Both Misbah and Usman Arshad shared 479-run - a record fifth wicket partnership in Pakistan domestic cricket, Arshad hit 183 off 286 along with Misbah who hammered four-six and 39-fours off 327 balls to score 248 runs before lost his wicket in a bid to hit a lofty six over long-on; didn't clear the rope and was caught by Sohail Idrees – who took a well judge catch to end Misbah's chance-less remarkable innings.

No comments:

Post a Comment